Thursday, December 23, 2010

What's in a Title?

Hello, friends! I’m really excited that you’re reading my blog and I hope you get something out of it: a book recommendation, a nugget of insight, a teeny bit of inspiration, or just some entertainment and a few laughs. :D By the way, this smile just to the left will be the first of MANY you’ll find on here! I smile more than most people and probably my driving ambition in life is to make the people I meet smile as often as possible. It’s true. :D (See what I mean?)

My goal with this blog is to combine my love of reading, my love of running, and my ongoing battle with Rheumatoid Arthritis, along with whatever else finds its way on here. And ultimately, awareness is what I want to spread through here, one person, one reader, at a time.

Maybe I’ll make you more aware of what life is like with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Maybe I’ll make you more aware of what it’s like to run a half marathon. Or maybe I’ll make you more aware of a few new novels you should pick up at your local bookstore. No matter what you get out of this, I hope your understanding and awareness will increase. But really, of course it will; how can it not? Please know that I mean this in an entirely humble and open-minded way, because I share a view that Brazilian educator Paulo Freire has articulated: “No one is ignorant of everything. No one knows everything. We all know something. We are all ignorant of something” (Literacy, p. 83).

I couldn’t agree more with Mr. Freire. As a future public school teacher, I believe we all bring a unique viewpoint with us and we all spend our lifetimes in a constant state of learning more…how exciting!! This means that we can never stop learning and virtually assures the fact that life will never get boring. Of course, this is where “Blissful Awareness” is borne out of – to me, ignorance is not bliss, but rather awareness is bliss. The more we learn and grow as individuals, the closer we get to a state of bliss. So, enjoy your time here and know that I wish you a blissful existence! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment